elf02 WP Responsive Images – WordPress Plugin
Responsive image solution using picturefill.js by Scott Jehl. Original idea by Tim Evko.
Improved and more flexible version: RespImage
New in version 1.3.3
- Option to load picturefill.js asynchronously.
New in version 1.3.2
- Important regex bugfix.
- Option to use native implementation instead of picturefill.js.
New in version 1.3.1
- Optional full size image fallback
New in version 1.3.0
- Simplified srcset syntax
- Automatically added 2x image sizes
- Top Notch backend styling
New in version 1.2.2
- Better security approaches
- Improved regex and a list off all registered breakpoints
- Update to Picturefill 2.0.0 Stable
New in version 1.2.1
- Add enhanced code for Retina Images by Martin Wolf
- New Options Page for easy control over five breakpoints
How It Works
The plugin extends each posted image with a data-responsive attribute. A “the_content” filter replaced such an image with the picturefill.js markup. After deactivating the plugin or removing the data-responsive attribute, all images should appear as normal.
To regenerate older images after setting your breakpoints, you can use the plugin Regenerate Thumbnails. Be careful and make first a backup of your images. For me, it works fine.